Recent Athletic Highlights
- CMU has won 40 MAC Championships since 1999-2000.
- In the 2010-2011 MAC all-sports standings, the women finished second in the Jacoby standings and the men finished seventh in the Reese standings, each among 12 league institutions.
- 3 MAC champions: soccer, wrestling, gymnastics
- 2 MAC Divisional champions: soccer, baseball
- 3 NCAA postseason team participants: soccer, wrestling, gymnastics
- Women's Basketball played in the postseason WNIT.
- 2 NCAA postseason individual participants: men's indoor & outdoor track & field
- 2 teams ended their seasons nationally-ranked: wrestling (13th), gymnastics (23rd)
- 49 All-MAC honorees
- 3 MAC Players of the Year
- 4 All-Americans
- 5 MAC champions: soccer, football, wrestling, gymnastics, baseball
- 3 MAC Divisional champions: football, men's basketball, baseball
- 5 NCAA postseason participants: soccer (defeated nationally-ranked Purdue); wrestling (the first team in MAC history to send a representative of every weight class to nationals); gymnastics; indoor track (Erika Schroll, high jump); outdoor track (Alex Rose & Greg Pilling, discus)
- Football won the GMAC Bowl in front of a TV audience of 3.5 million
- 3 teams ended their seasons nationally ranked: football, wrestling, gymnastics
- Margo Jonker won her 1,000th game as head softball coach
- 53 All-MAC honorees
- 16 MAC Players of the Year
- 3 MAC Coaches of the Year
- 9 All-Americans