By CMU Athletic Communications
A roundup of Central Michigan baseball players playing summer ball in various leagues around the country.
• Michael Brettell and Daniel Robinson are both playing for the Hyannis Harbor Hawks of the Cape Cod League. Brettell, a right-handed pitcher, is 3-1 with a 7.04 earned run average. He has struck out 10 and walked five over 15 1/3 innings. Robinson, an outfielder, is hitting .313 with one home run and 10 RBI, and he leads the Hawks with six stolen bases.
• Three Chippewa pitchers, Dazon Cole, Zach Kohn and Jake Raether, are playing for the Valley Blue Sox in the New England Collegiate Baseball League. Cole is 1-0 with a 2.08 ERA in 8 2/3 innings with nine strikeouts against two walks; Kohn has struck out five and walked two in three innings of work; and Raether has made eight appearances. He is 1-0 with a 6.23 ERA in 8 2/3 innings. He has struck out 11 and walked 10.
• Four Chippewas are playing in the Northwoods League, including two, Jason Sullivan and Colton Bradley, on Michigan-based teams.
Sullivan, an infielder, is hitting .333 with eight doubles, 15 RBI and five stolen bases for the Kalamazoo Growlers, while Bradley, a pitcher, is 0-1 with two saves and a 5.68 ERA for the Battle Creek Bombers. He has recorded 16 strikeouts and has yet to walk a batter in 6 1/3 innings.
CMU outfielder Zach Gilles is hitting .321 for the Eau Claire Express, and has stolen 16 bases and scored 27 runs, both team highs. Pitcher Jack Collins is 1-1 with a 3.63 ERA in 17 1/3 innings.
• CMU’s Cam Brown, pitching for the Danville Dans of the Prospect League, is 1-1 with a 4.82 ERA.
• Several Chippewas are playing for various teams in the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate Baseball League.
Catcher Griffin Lockwood-Powell, a member of the Irish Hills Leprechauns, leads the league in hitting at .427. He also has 21 RBI and eight doubles among his 32 hits.
Infielder Zach Heeke is second to Powell on the Leprechauns’ roster with a .317 average. He also has one home run, six RBI and a team-high nine stolen bases.
Left-hander Tyler Hankins, the Mid-American Conference Freshman Pitcher of the Year, is 2-0 with a 2.02 ERA for the Grand Lakes Mariners. He has struck out 18 and walked just two over 26 2/3 innings.
Outfielder Chase Rollin is hitting .247 with 11 RBI for the St. Clair Green Giants, and pitcher Cam Miller is 3-0 with a 5.19 ERA for the Muskegon Clippers.
• Catcher Evan Kratt is hitting .324 with 11 RBI for the Wild in the Show-Me Collegiate Baseball League. Kratt leads his team in hits (23) and stolen bases (four).
• Catcher Blake Cleveland is a member of the Northwest Indiana Oilmen of the Midwest Collegiate League. Cleveland is hitting .300 with nine RBI. He also earned a roster spot on the league all-start team and collected one hit in the game.