Saturday, April 8 • 11 a.m. • Clyde Hart Track & Field Stadium • Waco, Texas • Twitter: @CMUtrack
• The Central Michigan track and field team heads to Baylor looking to build on strong performances last weekend at the William & Mary Colonial Relays and the Charles A. Gray Alma Invitational.
• Twenty-nine CMU student-athletes – 15 men and 14 women -- will be spread out over 24 events.
• Kylee Dobbelaere will lead the Chippewa throwers at Baylor, coming off a season-best 56.23-meter hammer throw at the Alma Invitational.
• CMU’s Samantha Cuneo, the Mid-American Conference indoor champion in the women’s 400-meter run, will get another chance to show her stuff on the national stage. In her last outing two weeks ago at the Tennessee Rust Buster, Cuneo took third of 41 entrants in the event.
• Chippewa jumper/sprinter Nadia Williams, a freshman, will also get her second opportunity to compete in the outdoor season, having taken fourth in women’s long jump at the Rust Buster. Her leap of 20 feet, ¼ inch was a school record.
• Cuneo and Williams will also run in the 200-meter dash. It will be the first outdoor attempt this season for Cuneo in the event, and the first of Williams’ collegiate career.
• Brandon McCleese will throw the javelin at Baylor. He will look to make an improvement on his 58.28-meter attempt that won him the event at the Rust Buster.
• Freshman Isaac Sadzewicz will compete in the men’s pole vault. This will be his first competition in that event since he finished sixth at the MAC Indoor Championships.
• Luke Anderson is the lone CMU distance runner who will partake in the meet. He will compete in the men’s 1,500-meter run.
• Scheduled to join the Chippewas and host Baylor in the meet are athletes from Abilene Christian, Arkansas, Fresno State, Lamar, North Texas, Northwestern State, Oral Roberts, Prairie View A&M, Tulsa, UT-Arlington, UT-Rio Grande Valley, Midwestern State and New Mexico State.