Mt. San Antonio College Relays
Friday, April 14 • Murdock Stadium at El Camino College • Torrance, Calif. • @CMUtrack
Oakland Golden Grizzly Invitational
Saturday, April 15 • Oakland Track & Field Complex • Rochester, Mich. • @CMUtrack
• Central Michigan track & field athletes are scheduled to compete in two events this weekend, the Mt. San Antonio College Relays and the Oakland Golden Grizzly Invitational.
• CMU will send eight athletes – all distance runners – to California for the Mt. SAC Relays. The Chippewas’ Megan O’Neil and Luke Anderson will compete in the women’s and men’s 3,000-meter steeplechase, respectively. O’Neil is ranked fifth and Anderson is sixth in the Great Lakes Region by the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association.
• Also scheduled to compete in the Mt. SAC Relays for CMU: Kelly Schubert, women’s 10,000-meter run; Kelsey Ross, women’s 800; Scott Cousino, men’s 800; Hannah Davis, women’s 5,000; Joseph Emmanuel, men’s 5,000l; and Silas DeKalita, men’s 5,000.
• The majority of the Chippewas will remain in-state and compete on Saturday at the Golden Grizzly Invitational. There is at least one CMU competitor entered in 30 of the 36 scheduled events.
• Scheduled to join the Chippewas and the host Grizzlies are Macomb Community College, Davenport, Grand Valley State, and Detroit Mercy, along with perennial Mid-American Conference powerhouse Eastern Michigan.
• CMU sophomore triple-jumper Jake Peister will take his No. 7 USTFCCCA ranking into competition this week as he looks to clear 15 meters for the first time this season.
• The Chippewas’ Ziemowit Dutkiewicz, 2016 outdoor conference champion in the men’s 400-meter hurdles, will compete in the event for the first time this season in the event.
• The Chippewas will also try their hand at the women’s 4x100-meter relay for the first time in this outdoor season. Ja’La Taylor, Nadia Williams, Samantha Cuneo and Doofanter Nyamor have been assembled to represent the CMU women in the event.