MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. – Tinara Moore and Presley Hudson were named Co-Most Valuable Players on Friday during the Central Michigan women’s basketball team’s annual banquet at Buck’s Run Golf Club.
Moore, a 6-foot-3 junior forward, set a program record with 64 blocks and was named the Mid-American Conference Defensive Player of the Year. She ranked second on the team in scoring (16.2 points per game) and rebounding (7.3 per).
Hudson, a sophomore guard, led the Chippewas in scoring (16.8) and in assists (4.9). She converted 92.6 percent of her free throw attempts, which ranked fourth nationally.
Included among Hudson’s myriad highlights was a program-record 43-point game against Ball State on Jan. 11. Both Moore and Hudson were named to the All-MAC First Team.
Other individual award winners:
• Most Improved Player, Aleah Swary.
• Rebound Award, Reyna Frost.
• Defensive Award, Moore.
• Katie Johns Perseverance Award, Jewel Cotton.
• Heart & Hustle Award, Cotton.
• Dee Pommerank Award, Jaeda Robinson.
• Charge Card, Cassie Breen.
• Practice Player Award, Cotton.
• Academic Excellence, Frost.
• Tim Brockman Community Service Award, Frost.