RIO VERDE INVITATIONAL
Friday-Sunday, Feb. 24-26 • Rio Verde CC • Rio Verde, Ariz.
Statistics: GolfStat.com and wmubroncos.com
• The Central Michigan women’s golf team begins play on Friday in the Rio Verde Invitational at Rio Verde Country Club.
• The 54-hole event comprises three 18-hole rounds, Friday-Sunday. This marks the first time the Chippewas have played in the invitational.
• The tournament will be played on Rio Verde’s White Wing Course, which plays to par 72 over 6,215 yards.
• Western Michigan is the host, and the field comprises 19 teams. CMU and Central Arkansas are newcomers to the field.
• Other MAC schools scheduled to participate: Akron, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Ohio and Ball State.
• Missouri State, Missouri-Kansas City, Arkansas State, Bradley, Seton Hall, Xavier, Central Arkansas, Illinois State, Northern Arizona, Little Rock and Wichita State round out the field.
• CMU opened the spring portion of its season two weeks ago, finishing 0-3 in the MAC Match Play Challenge in Lakewood Ranch, Fla.
• The Rio Verde marks CMU’s first stroke-play event since the MAC Fall Preview on Oct. 24, 2016.
• The Chippewas return to Arizona for the Grand Canyon University Invitational March 11-12 at the Grand Canyon University Golf Course.