GRAND CANYON UNIVERSITY INVITATIONAL
Saturday-Sunday, March 11-12 • GCU Championship Golf Course • Phoenix, Ariz.
Live scoring: Golfstat.com
• Central Michigan will partake in the 10-team Grand Canyon University Invitational on Saturday and Sunday.
• The 54-hole stroke-play event begins on Saturday. The tournament comprises 36 holes on Saturday, 18 on Sunday. The players will begin with a shotgun start on both days, 10 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, and 11 a.m. (EST) on Sunday.
• Scheduled to join the Chippewas and host Antelopes are Georgetown, Nebraska-Omaha, Montana State, Portland State, Texas Rio Grand Valley, Seattle, Chicago State and Alabama-Birmingham. It is CMU's first time competing at Grand Canyon.
• The Chippewas last competed two weeks ago in the Rio Verde Collegiate Invitational in Rio Verde, Ariz. They finished 19th with a 979 team total in the 19-team field.
• Junior Natalie Johnson led CMU at Rio Verde, recording three consecutive 79’s for a 237 total. She placed 73rd in the 103-player field.
• Sophomore Bria Colosky recorded CMU’s two lowest rounds of the tournament, a second-round 76 and a final-round 78.
• Next for CMU is the John Kirk Panther Intercollegiate in Stockbridge, Ga. March 26-28. The event is hosted by Georgia State.