CENTRAL MICHIGAN (5-9, 2-5 ASUN) at DELAWARE STATE (1-7, 1-6)
Friday, April 21 • Alumni Stadium • Dover, Del. • Twitter: @CMU_Lacrosse
• The Central Michigan lacrosse team heads to the Eastern Seaboard this weekend for a pair of Atlantic Sun Conference games. On Friday, the Chippewas will play Delaware State and on Sunday (1 p.m.) they will take on Howard (0-9, 0-7).
• The Chippewas are in eighth place in the 11-team league. The top six teams make the league tournament. CMU closes the regular season next week at home against Detroit Mercy.
• The Chippewas picked up a significant victory last weekend when they defeated the defending ASUN champions Old Dominion, 11-10, in overtime at home.
• Natalie Karlen was the hero as she scored the game-winner in the extra period.
• Jocelyne Lemay leads the Chippewas with 34 goals. Seventeen of her goals have come in conference play, placing her in the top 10 in the league in goals scored. She ranks eighth in the ASUN in shots on goal with 56.
• Hope Murray made several critical saves, finishing with 11, in the win against Old Dominion. It was her third game of the season with 10 or more stops.
• CMU’s Riley Huda continues to rank among the top playmakers in the ASUN. She enters the weekend with 27 assists, which ranks third in the league.
• Delaware State’s lone win came over Howard, 17-14.