CENTRAL MICHIGAN (7-9, 4-5 ASUN) vs. DETROIT MERCY (5-11, 3-6)
Saturday, April 29 • Noon • CMU Lacrosse-Soccer Stadium • Mount Pleasant, Mich. • Twitter: CMU_Lacrosse • Follow live: cmuchippewas.com
• The Central Michigan women’s lacrosse team plays host to Detroit Mercy on Saturday in an Atlantic Sun Conference game.
• The Chippewas, who are in their second year of varsity competition, are eyeing a win to remain in the hunt for an ASUN Tournament berth. Tournament qualifiers and seedings will be determined based on the outcomes of this weekend’s games.
• CMU extended its win streak to a program-best three games with victories at Delaware State and Howard.
• The Chippewas beat Delaware State, 23-6. The 23 goals were a program record.
• CMU enters Saturday’s game ranked third in the league shots per game (26) and shooting percentage (45.9).
• CMU’s Jocelyn Lemay scored nine goals in the two wins last week, bringing her season total to a program-record 43. She ranks third in the ASUN in scoring.
• The Chippewas’ Riley Huda is second in the conference with 37 assists. That number ties her for 11th in the nation.
• Central Michigan is seeking to avenge last season’s 13-8 loss to Detroit Mercy.
• The Titans also scored convincing wins over Delaware State and Howard last weekend. They outscored the Hornets and Bison by a combined 39-10.
• Morgan Girardi leads the Titans with 39 goals, while Lexie Kinmond has tallied 38.