CENTRAL MICHIGAN (26-12) at VALPARAISO (22-13)
Tuesday, April 18 • 3 p.m. • Valpo Softball Complex • Valparaiso, Ind. • Radio: WMHW 101.5-FM • Live Stats: cmuchippewas.com
• Central Michigan goes to Valparaiso for a nonconference doubleheader on Tuesday.
• The Chippewas won two of three games in a Mid-American Conference series over the weekend at Toledo. CMU shares first place in the MAC West – and overall in the league -- with Ball State at 11-4.
• The Chippewas entertain Northern Illinois in a three-game MAC series at Margo Jonker Stadium beginning on Friday (3 p.m.). The Huskies are 21-16 overall and 9-6 in MAC play. They are two games behind CMU and Ball State in the West Division.
• Valpo is 9-6 and tied for third place in the Horizon League. The Crusaders swept Cleveland State in a three-game league series last weekend.
• CMU continues to lead the MAC in both hitting and pitching. The Chippewas have a .294 team batting average, and a 1.97 team earned run average. They rank fourth with a .966 fielding percentage.
• The Chippewas’ Allison Curtis, Lacy Tolfree and Maison Kalina are among the top 10 hitters in the MAC. Curtis is fourth with a .407 batting average, while Tolfree (.369) is seventh and Kalina (.366) is 10th.
• CMU pitcher Rachael Knapp leads the league with a 1.37 earned run average. She shares the conference lead with 15 wins and is first with 18 complete games.
• Valpo leads the Horizon League in team batting average (.280), slugging percentage (.442), on-base percentage (.356) and home runs (31).
• Carly Trepanier and Sam Stewart lead the Crusaders, both hitting .388, which ties them for sixth in the Horizon League. Stewart leads the Horizon with 38 RBI and ranks second in the conference with 11 home runs.